Old bluetooth headset dock and new iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kellen, Jul 4, 2008.

1. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Just thought of another reason not to update to the 3g phone.

Bought the BT headset. Like it, but if I buy the new 3g iPhone, the dock that came with the headset won't fit the iphone and I will have to buy another dock for 50 bucks.

Any ideas around this?

2. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

I think the new iPhone will still fit as it is thinner at the edges and only gets thicker towards the center.

If not, then the travel cable will still work. The connector isn't changing.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

yeah, its a millimetre thicker, so i doubt it will fit, unless it does fit but partly relies on the dock connector to hold it up

exactly - why waste $50 on a dock?

4. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I wont miss the BT headset since it produced too much static for me. I was hoping to see Gen 2 of the BT Headset... perhaps in a very near future.

5. kellen thread starter macrumors 68020

kellen

Use both of them, actually 3. Have the BT dock in the bedroom. Carry the USB BT travel cord with me so I can charge both when I am at work. Finally I have the regular dock in the office.

Moving the bedroom one is a pain, as it is plugged into an outlet behind a chest of drawers.

Just wondering if anyone heard if new one would fit or any other great ideas.

Thanks,

6. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

It is not a millimeter thicker at the bottom though. Only higher up Looks like it will fit just fine.