Old, Brand new Macbook Pro $1599

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Boostin, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Boostin macrumors member

Just got a brand new Macbook Pro. SICKNESS. it is the older version, not the uni but i love it. Its my first mac. its the 2.5, 4g of ddr2, 320HD, 512 video card, 17". amazing. COOLEST part about it is that it was $1599 at local apple store. Apple is calling it a fire sale to get rid of the remaining 17"s. My opinion, $1599 for old one, $2799 for new one.... Uni is nice, new track pad is nice, lil faster ram is nice, lil faster video card is nice, but guys, $1200 could almost go buy me a uni macbook and id have best of both worlds. IDK, lemme know what you guys think. :)

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Sounds like a good deal. Congratulations!

Enjoy your Mac (I know you will)! :)

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Awesome, congrats on your purchase. And yes, that's a great price...:)

4. S-Man macrumors regular

S-Man

That is an AWESOME deal! I wish they had them in my apple store...I'd trade in my new Unibody 15" for one!
    Did you get the Hi-Res LED version or the other version?

5. Intense macrumors regular

6. Boostin thread starter macrumors member

yeah im pretty pysched, i got ilife 09 im installing right now, and im installing iwork 08 cause i got it for free for now. also i got the High res (1920x1200) glossy. and i freakin love it. seriously, one of the best purchases ive made my whole life. any cool free cool sofrware you guys can recomend? like i was reading about something that can tell you like benchmark test, and like the temprature of your computer? or nething else cool, maybe cool widgets, nething and everything. lemme know. Thanks in advance guys.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

iStats (widget), SMCFanControl (on your desktop in status bar) are two of my favorites..

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod