"Old" but "Brand new" Motorola HS850 headset?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ScrappyDoo80, May 15, 2010.

1. ScrappyDoo80 macrumors member

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, only occasional posts because I'm not as smart as everyone here , but could use your help.

Basically I found my 'old' but virtually brand new Motorola HS850 bluetooth headset. I was given it in 05, right around the time I bought a Motorola V710? I believe for Verizon. I was only like 24 and got a very prestigious job as a manager/ex. dir of Sales and Marketing for a winery/vineyard and HAD to have the newest neatest phone,and at the time I liked Motorola anyway, and the Verizon guy said the V710 was THE BOMB DIGGITY (we all know how that worked out).... anyway for pulling an especially big work/nonwork related favor for a coworker/higherup he gave me the HS850 bluetooth headset which again, at the time, was a big big deal. Shortly after I left the job and it's been sitting around hidden in a back of my dresser drawer until presto!

My only other exp. was in March I bought the $100 Motorola bluetooth/hidef/stereo/etc. headset from BestBuy... I LOVED LOVED IT but it wasn't completely comfortable... it was just naggingly uncomfortable on the left side and I couldn't get comfortable with it. If I walked my pup for an hour, 55 mins I was adjusting it or pi$$ed at it, but the sound and voice qual was Redonk... I even considered UPGRADING, they seem to also have like a $300 version , but BestbUY Was so rude i was like, TAKE YOUR ***** AND GIMMA MAH MONAY! :p

So sorry for the dissertation.... I broke open the HS850, charged it up overnight, googled some instructions, and had successfully got it connected to my 32GB 3GS... BUT... All I can do is talk phone conversations with it? No music? My primary need of such thing is for walking the dog, we take long walks... So in this case I would have to bring head phones with a cord AND the bluetooth in order to listen to music while waiting for a call? Kinda defeats the purpose no? Any ideas/clues/tips? Thanks thanks all Scrap

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

This headset does not support A2DP. The only way to get it to work how you want is to jailbreak and install Bluetooth Mono