Old Cinema

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by guitarmaster18, Apr 15, 2007.

1. guitarmaster18 macrumors regular

guitarmaster18

I just bought I 23" cinema from Circut City. The box looked old, but I thought nothing of it. Later, I figured out that it was from the pre-intel era. a.k.a, late 2005. Should I be outraged? I had 4 stuck pixels, all on green, but I managed to get all of them out but one. That one is very bright, but I can only see it when it is on a black screen. It is a beautiful screen, way better than my preveious gateway, and the stuck pixel isin't very noticable anyway.

Should I be outraged that I paid full price and got a two year old display with 4 stuck pixels? Should I take it back? I think... I don't know! Somebody give me some advice!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Four stuck pixels is way under the threshold for your monitor to be considered defective.

3. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Wirelessly posted (motorola v3 RAZR (hacked): Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/2.0.4062/1662; en; U; ssr))

if you can make sure that the screen is an old model then you should definataly return it!

4. RojoLeo macrumors 6502

Go here and put in your serial number to see when the monitor was made.

If it is indeed that old, heck yes go trade it out with a new one. It doesn't cost you a thing and it helps your resale value.

If you decide you want to upgrade within the year, it's going to affect how much you can sell it for and/or how quickly you can sell it. And although you can show them your receipt, it makes it much more of a hassle to get anything fixed under warranty.

5. Mattydj macrumors regular

Yeh if you bought it and was told it was a new one and you can confirm it is not. Send it back.

Woot! This was my 100th post ^_^

6. guitarmaster18 thread starter macrumors regular

guitarmaster18

They told me there was no difference but i told them there was... They gave me another one that they said that they got this month, but was actually made by apple in early 2006... But, it has no stuck pixels. Could someone clarify if there is infact any difference? It does not look like it...

7. RojoLeo macrumors 6502

For the reasons I stated above I would return this and get it directly from Apple. You're going to have a tough time with the warranty on this. Play it safe.