Old company name showing up as domain when visiting sites?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by creativedogmedia, Mar 3, 2014.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Part owner of a company and I am remote. Not an any corporate network as it relates to connectivity, just exchange for email. I monitor traffic to our site for potential sales leads and notice when I visit our site it uses an older company name to identify me as the visitor. I have checked system preferences--->shared and see no reference to the old company. In fact the computer name uses my actual name. How would I change that piece?

2. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Check under Network Settings and go to WINS (I think) and/or look for the "Domain" category. Your company domain may be in there; but, if you never use VPN I don't see how that would be possible. Are you sure you aren't using a VPN to connect?

3. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Positive. also, the only connectivity I use for my MBP is wifi through my FiOS connection at home. I see nothing named anything similar under WINS. Appreciate your help.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Also check your entry in the Address Book and also check your Keychain (/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access) on the sites saved data/passwords.

5. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Not following you.....I am talking about a domain name....like if you go to Google Analytics to see who is visiting your website, I want to change the name of my computer that hits it. I only use wifi from my MBP.

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Plus what you computer identifies itself (to other computers on the network) is on System Preferences->Sharing tab.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Would this perhaps be something stored in a Google cookie in your browser? Maybe delete your cookies and try it.

How about make a new temp admin account on your MBP and try from that account and see if it still reports as coming from that same domain.

Are you using any kind of VPN, or are you just going straight over FIOS?

8. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Straight over FiOS.