Old Computer Crashed - Help needed regarding syncing with new itunes with iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by semajmik, Mar 9, 2010.

1. semajmik macrumors newbie

My computer has recently crashed and is beyond fixing. I recently purchased a new computer and downloaded itunes. Unfortunately, each time I try to sync, a message pops up stating that if I sync my iphone, everything will be replaced with the stuff on the current itunes which is nothing.

I currently own a Iphone 3g 16g:
    - jailbroken
    - with purchased apps from itunes in addition to hacked apps from installous
    - no current backup since the backup is in the old computer

How am I able to sync my iPhone with the itunes on the new computer without deleting any information such as my contacts, my purchased apps, AND my jailbroken installous apps?

I already read the threads regarding "transfer purchased apps" but the question also pertains to "hacked" apps and contacts. Any help?

2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

We really can't help people WHO PIRATE SOFTWARE. Please don't download CRACKED APPS

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

4. Badfoot macrumors 6502

Did he pirate software ? This forum has a section purely on hacking, it's perfectly legal, it's just using your property in a way the manufacturer didn't intend.

5. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

The OP said this:
    Jailbreakers use installous to download cracked apps. That means the got the PAID APP for FREE

6. semajmik thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a PC

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I can't help you with the pirated apps.

Go into iTunes and sign in with your account and authorize the computer. Plug in your iPhone and right click on the iPhone icon and pick Transfer Purchases. This will get all the apps from the app store into iTunes.

Now right click on the iPhone icon and click Backup.

Get sharepod (google it). This will enable you to get your music and pics off the phone. Be aware the pics will not be the same quality as the originals.

Now restore your phone and restore from a backup. Sync everything, so that you have contacts in outlook or windows address book, calendar and notes in outlook, etc. Jailbreak as before and repeat whatever you did to get your other apps.

That should fix you up.

Before doing all this you might want to get Funambol to sync your contacts online to be safe if something gets screwed up.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I don't understand why you are telling the OP to restore his phone. Couldn't he just sync his phone, and select "merge contacts" when iTunes prompts him? I've never used Outlook, so not sure what happens with calendar and notes -- those, he may have to email the entries to himself or sync with some third-party site. But I've never had to restore an iphone just to sync it with another computer.

Oh, wait, since he's jailbroken, there are ways to copy out the notes and bookmarks, and maybe the calendar data too, I'm not sure, sync with the new computer, then copy them back. I'm too tired to look up the instructions right now, but ask in the hacks forum. As long as you aren't asking for help with keeping your cracked apps, someone should help you.

9. SoCalguy macrumors newbie

http://tansee.com/iphonetransfer.html

Go there..buy the software..

It will pull all your music out of your Iphone and trasfer it to your computer..including photos.

when everything is done transfering, open Itunes. Click on the import folder and select the folder that you decided to send the Iphone transfer to.

Then sync your Iphone

10. Paula78 macrumors newbie

my computer keeps crashing and I can't figure out what is causing the problem... I know all my hardware is perfect, I have switched out every part in the computer. I sometimes use the built in windows error report and everytime it tells me the problem was caused by a device driver. I go into my device manager and there are no conflicts, I haveve updated all my drivers and yet it still crashes... does anyone know what is going on? Im pretty sure my bios is setup perfectly as well but please help me, i cant figure it out. :eek:

11. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Buy a Mac.