Old contacts still showing in Mail.app

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nomar383, Nov 25, 2009.

1. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

Hey guys and gals, my googling has yielded nothing so I figured I'd just ask here: I have an iPhone (3.1.2) that seems to have an amazing memory. If I delete a contact, the email from that contact still shows in mail. Even after a reboot. Any ideas?

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I'm bumping this cause I did a google search for this problem and this was the second hit. Anyway, the problem is I have changed a bunch of email addresses in my contacts from hotmail/Verizon/etc to their new gmail addresses (seems like a trend among my contacts this month, to move to gmail). Anyway, when I start typing in the to: field of new mail, I still get the old address coming up along with the new ones. How do I get rid of the old ones?

3. DonNMass macrumors newbie

I received a junk e-mail as one of 50 or so recipients, and mistakenly replied all, (ironically asking my name to be removed!)

Now all of those names appear in the auto-fill, drop-down. I have 14 names in "A" alone. I changed e-mails, first Hotmail, and then created a new G-Mail account, so this issue is definately a function of the device and not the e-mail account. I called Apple and they sent me to Hotmail who sent me back to Apple, who punted again! I can only imagine as iPhones are longer on the market, (as they are relatively new since 2008?) this will be more of a nuisance as e-mails become obsolete and age-out.

I'm thinking of buying another phone and moving on if Apple doesn't have provisions to remove this imbedded file.

Any help is appreciated.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Ther is only two ways to clear the email cache....Jailbreak, and edit the cache file or restore as new.