Old google calendar events showing up

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Benbikeman, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Benbikeman macrumors 6502a

Benbikeman

This is an odd one. I have my iPad set to display local events and google calendar events. Until today, this worked fine.

Today, with no setup changes I can think of, a bunch of events that used to be in google calendar but were deleted, show up in the iPad calendar. One of them is a daily recurring event, so is a real pain as they cannot be edited or deleted on the iPad.

When I login to google calendar on the web, the events are not there. They were present in iCal on the Mac, and I was able to delete them from that, but even after restarting the iPad, they still show up there.

Any ideas?

2. urthen macrumors newbie

Possible Answer

Hey, not sure if this is helpful to you, but I found this question during my searches for something similar. Hopefully it will help someone in the future.

In my case, the old calendar events were a recurring meeting, synced from exchange via google outlook sync. I ended up stopping sync and removing all my outlook events from google calendar, but this event kept appearing on my iPad and not the web site. I did a search for the event on the web site and found a few past instances that were still on the calendar. Deleting those fixed the problem.

3. Benbikeman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Benbikeman

Thanks for the reply. Never did solve it, but as I now have an iPhone as well as iPad and Mac, I was able to switch off the original calendar and have only the Apple one showing.