Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sue Esponte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Are any reputable stores still selling the old iMac 27s? And, if so, at a price that makes it worthwhile to consider (e.g. $999 as opposed to $1798)?

-Eric

Sue Esponte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
[rapidly exhailing air]
That's kind of what I expected.
;)

My PB died a few years ago (way too early in its life in my experience) and I've been trudging along with a variety of Dell and HPs (all work issued) out of quiet frustration with Apple. I'm really jonesing for a new Mac though and while part of me would prefer a new OB, the price upsets me enough that I can't justify it especially after my previous PB suffered an early death. Besides, the 27" display on the iMac is kind of a beauty and between our iPads (v2 and v3) I think I've got the portability end of the spectrum covered from an Apple perspective -- at least to the extent I want to run apps and surf the web. You can't replace the flexibility and convenience of a PB but any time I travel I need to bring my work computer anyway; so I don't fancy traveling with 2 computers just for me (on top of an iPad) and, finally, the iMac offers more computing power than a comparably priced PB.

Anyway, as for my original post...if anyone knows of a site/store that might have a last gen iMac 27 please let me know. :)

-Eric

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.