Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
OK - My old one was a tad 'loose' on my 2g (as they are prone to do) but it fits snug/perfect on my 3g.

This is the case I'm referring to (black).
http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl59038

Now I'm in a pickle. Do I give my husband my black 16g and get white to have the best of both worlds? There are far more black cases than white.

I thought I'd post this as I know many have this case for their old phone.

xjohnx

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
I just picked this one up today at best buy, fits my 3g perfectly. i see they make a 3g one now with a different sku, i wonder what the difference is?

iPhone3G

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
Not quite perfect.

This is not quite true. I bought a brand new incase protective cover for the 1st gen before they announced the new 3g cover. It pulls a little to snug around the new rounder backing, and it is a bit loose on the front flaps which should seal tightly with the border around the screen.

It certainly works ok, but for us picky iPhone lovers, it is not a percectly fitting case. I returned mine and got a DLO HybridShell by the way, and I love it. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the DLO case.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Well, in all fairness, I said my "old" 2g Incase. We all know these things are notorious for stretching. It's why I ended up going caseless for a while. It became basically too big. Now it fits pristinely on my 3g.

iPhone3G

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2008
Fair enough, Meagan. I did not mean to jab at you, and I certainly don't intend on being the authority of cases.

I just wanted to give a little more information from my experience for people to consider before spending $30 on a case they might not like.

I'm glad yours fits so well though, saves you a bit of change, eh?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
The guy at the Apple store said the Incase Protective Cover I bought was for the 3g, but after getting it home and putting it on I realized it wasn't. It didn't fit quite right around the contoured edges of the phone and was loose on the top edges on both sides. So I took it back and got the 3g version, which feels much better in hand and wraps around the phone much better. My last iPhone was naked...how much do these Incase brand cases stretch out? What if you hardly take off the case? I've only taken it off a few times to show off the new glossy back to some people, but probably won't do much more then that from now on. I'm kinda worried now and am considering the Slider version which is supposed to come out next month. Lots of people seem to like that one. Any suggestions?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Oh, I also forgot to say...the new Incase 3g version might be made out of a slightly different material. When I had the first gen one for a few days, it collected lots of lint all over it. The new one hardly has any. I hope its a newer material so it doesn't stretch out. The new one has 4.5 / 5 star rating online at the Apple Store, but the old one is 2.5/5. Wonder if thats just over time with the stretching or what.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.