OLD iOS 8 bug - any of you seen it?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by wrldwzrd89, Mar 15, 2015.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Been around since iOS 8 beta 1. Still not fixed in the 8.3 betas, but things HAVE improved with 8.3, at least... anyway, the bug description: The iPhone's ability to handle data requests worsens with time. Responses get slower and slower until failing outright, even with ideal network conditions, on both Wi-Fi and LTE / 4G / 3G. A hard reboot of the iPhone clears it up, but it always comes back. I hope this is fixed in iOS 9, 'cause it's driving me batty. Affected BOTH iPhones I installed iOS 8 on (a 5C and a 6 Plus), too!

2. gmintz09 macrumors member

Yes! This has been happening to me quite a bit recently! Never experienced it on my iPhone 5, but I've seen it at least 5-6 times in the last month or so. Extremely irritating. Great signal, connected to a solid wifi....NOTHING. Restarting the phone is the only way I can get it to work again. Ugh.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I can honestly say, I have not experienced this on my iPhone 6 or iPad 2. Not one version of iOS 8, from iOS 8 Betas to iOS 8.3 Beta 3 have I had this problem.

4. christarp macrumors 6502

christarp

I have experienced this once on my 5s, and my parents have experienced it at least 3 times on their 6 and 6+'s. Also have experienced this once on an ipad 3.

Not sure what causes it but its really irritating.

5. marf1million macrumors regular

Yes this happens quite regularly on my iPad air. Not as often on my 5S. It's really annoying.