Old iphone 4/5 photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applefanDrew, Sep 21, 2010.

1. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Hey guys I've been thinking about these pics recently....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/12/iphone-4g-photos-video-le_n_572991.html

Do you think the bottom one was an iPhone 4g/5 prototype with liquidmetal used as the antenna band. The reason I suspect this is because the screws are missing on the bottom. It's almost like the band was cast to fit the phone, which is exactly the process used by liquidmetal. Just a theory, would love to here you guys thoughts on it.

2. applefanDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't really think so either. Just a theory though.

3. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

reason for the no screws is because that was the prototype and wasn't made or put together well enough as the final product.

4. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I had said earlier, before the iPhone 4 was released and all we had were the leaked pics, that I believe the one without screws on the bottom was a design exercise for the 4th gen. Just like car manufacturers make show cars that are almost production spec. They're usually missing things like side markers, production headlights/taillights (usually smaller than production spec), maybe have smaller/hidden door handles, etc.

5. applefanDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Yea I year you guys.....just always fun to theorize on the next apple product..
    :) :apple: