Old iPhone and Contacts Syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by greenphoenix7, Jan 24, 2013.

1. greenphoenix7 macrumors newbie

I gave my old iPhone 4 to my sister when I upgraded to an iPhone 5. Everything went great until today when I opened Address Book on my Mac (OS X 10.7.5) and did a sync with my Google contacts. The Sync menu bar popped up and started syncing - but it synced with my sister's iPhone too! Now we both have each other's contacts in our address books. So how can I remove her phone to prevent it from syncing through the Address Book sync? Any ideas?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

On her phone, I'm betting she's still logged in to your iCloud account? If so, you'll need to delete the account from her phone.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

She needs to go into Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/ on the phone and under the accounts section remove your Google account from the phone.

4. greenphoenix7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Thanks for the help - I confirmed that she is logged in with her own iCloud account and my GMail account is removed from the phone. So neither of those were the causes of the problem unfortunately.

5. greenphoenix7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Personally I think this has something to do with iSync and not Google/iCloud. I think iSync doesn't realize that I've turned off syncing in iTunes and still tries to sync with the old phone. And since Apple removed the iSync front-end in Lion, I can't find any way to fix it. Of course, I may be completely wrong...