Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
What happens to your old iPhone with its regular-sized sim after you activate the iPhone 4 for those who have received the new phone? Is the sim dead? In other words, if for example, the iPhone 4 won't work for whatever reason, can you use your old iPhone until it gets sorted?

MNkid

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
MN
What if you just want the old iPhone to just be a touch? Can that be done without
jailbreaking? I did search and couldn't find a straight answer.

thanks
Erich

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
What happens to your old iPhone with its regular-sized sim after you activate the iPhone 4 for those who have received the new phone? Is the sim dead? In other words, if for example, the iPhone 4 won't work for whatever reason, can you use your old iPhone until it gets sorted?

Once you activate the new iphone 4 your old sim becomes unactivated.
You can buy a microsim adapter and use your microsim with any phone though.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
I read the apple guide from the link above, here's a dumb question: Can you just leave the old sim in the phone, or do you have to take it out?

(I'm giving it to my parents who may want to use it as a phone, or may just keep it in iPod touch mode, not sure yet.)

Rich

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.