Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeppelin68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
Since I refuse to pay $75-80 a month for the 3g iphone I was wondering how much the plan would be if I bought a 2g iphone

zeppelin68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
so if I bought it after the new iphone comes out I still have to pay for the new plans?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
See, the old plans included Apple's cut each month. Apple is doing away with that hence the new plans.

If you take an old iPhone and sign up after July 11th, the new plans may come into affect....

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Since I refuse to pay $75-80 a month for the 3g iphone I was wondering how much the plan would be if I bought a 2g iphone

So even if you live in the middle of Greenbo, Ala., you have to pay for the 3G service? Surely AT&T isn't that crazy (did I just say that?).

I seriously haven't seen anything about this, so I'd love to know what the deal is. If this is true, it's starting to sound a lot like AT&T is doing to the iPhone what the movie industry is trying to do to video rentals on iTunes. "You want to rent the movie WHEN? No no no, you must rent the disc for 30 days. Then you can maybe rent it online. You fool consumers!"

hotzenplotz

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
I wonder if they'll intro an official GoPhone plan this time around? I'm paying $51/moth right now for the full iPhone GoPhone Pick-Your-Freaking-Plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.