pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
My old iPhone 5 is receiving phone calls along with my new iPhone 6+. I was under the impression that at&t would not support wifi calling until 2015. Anyone else have this issue ? Heck, my old phone does not even have a sim card in it. I'm not sure why this phone is getting phone calls.

emt1

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
My old iPhone 5 is receiving phone calls along with my new iPhone 6+. I was under the impression that at&t would not support wifi calling until 2015. Anyone else have this issue ? Heck, my old phone does not even have a sim card in it. I'm not sure why this phone is getting phone calls.

...continuity? That's the point.

Comment

macUser2007

macrumors 65832
May 30, 2007
Same here, but on T-Mobile. Strange, because the SIM is removed. I can smell a security issue....

WiFi calling is great though :) (Although I've had it on my Android for a while now).

Comment

platoaddict

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014

If your prior phone is running iOS 8 and logged into the same iCloud account and Wi-Fi network as your new phone, then the likely culprit is continuity. To disable, turn off iPhone cellular calls (settings--facetime).

Comment

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
If your prior phone is running iOS 8 and logged into the same iCloud account and Wi-Fi network as your new phone, then the likely culprit is continuity. To disable, turn off iPhone cellular calls (settings--facetime).

Thank you.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.