Old iTunes Account Syncing w/ New 3g s

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whatchettb, Jun 19, 2009.

1. whatchettb macrumors newbie

I updated my itunes library and account around a month ago to my .me account... (it had been set under an old email address)...

I was unable to update programs on my 3g right after i did that, because it was still recognizing my old account as my default (which was no longer active)...

i.e., when i went to download an update or an app from the app store, it asked me for the password to the wrong account and it wouldn't work...

When I synced the old phone up to itunes immediately after having this issue, it automatically adjusted to the new account and I haven't had that problem since.

I backed up my 3G this afternoon before "restoring" the phone onto my 3G S...

Everything restored perfectly (except for the itunes account) and i'm showing the calls i made this morning on my recent call list on the 3G S (in other words, i know i have the most recent back up installed on the 3G S)

Now, the 3G S has reverted to my old itunes account (which neither of my computers, laptop or desktop, or my 3G has been on for a month)...

Syncing the 3G S to the itunes account seems to do nothing... it will transfer music, apps, the whole deal... it just won't put the new account onto the phone...

Any ideas?

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

You can change iTunes accounts on the 3.0 software. Settings > Store