All iPads Old Lady is going to buy an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OldLadywithiPod, May 18, 2013.

1. OldLadywithiPod, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013

OldLadywithiPod macrumors member

OldLadywithiPod

Hi all, I love the forums at Macrumors and I've missed you all!

Any ideas? Old Lady is going to buy an iPad in the coming week (so I can spend all Memorial Day Weekend playing with it!) :)

Any suggestions? Anything I need to absolutely avoid?

Old Man has the original iPad but Old Lady wants her own. Hey! No movies, only games would be things like Tetris. I like cool aps especially scientific or medical ones.

Thanks all - it's good to be back in Mac-ville!

2. tazz3 macrumors regular

check out the ipad mini. go to a stroe near you and see if you like it

3. OldLadywithiPod thread starter macrumors member

OldLadywithiPod

Thanks, definitely will do some browsing this weekend! I really appreciate the size of the iPad mini as it fits in Old Lady's purse.

Thanks much!

4. passey macrumors member

i just swapped my ipad 4 for a mini as the 4 was too heavy and after holding it for a while you would get arm ache. also holding whilst lying down after 5 mins gave wrist ache.

The mini is brilliant can hold it will 1 hand and it never makes ur hand ache,

5. DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

Day of Chaos is wondering why Old Lady is talking in third person. :)

6. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

My only suggestion is, if you go with a mini, you might want to consider getting Mercury or Perfect Browser so you can increase the font. If your eyes are as old as mine they will thank you for the bigger fonts. :D

We have both a mini and the ipad 3 in the house. The mini is great for reading and simple games but I prefer the 3 for movies and video. Last suggestion...buy at a store that has a good return policy, just in case you change your mind on which one you want.

7. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

What's with all this old lady old man stuff? Beating us over the head with it IMO.:rolleyes:

8. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

old lady can play games?? I wish my mother could play games too. She is not tech savvy. :apple:

9. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Guys, look at the OP's username and stop wondering. :)

10. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

Get the ipad 4 if you enjoy reading. The retina screen makes reading a really pleasurable experience for older eyes. I'm an old lady too & cannot recommend the screen highly enough, it is wonderful!

11. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

You got a problem with old men and ladies!!??:mad:

Attached Files:

12. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Given that the current iPad Mini doesn't have retina display, you may want to wait until the Fall releases and see if there is a new iPad Mini with a better screen. That's what I'm planning, but I also have an iPad 4 presently.

13. kaielement macrumors 65816

Depends on what you are going to use it for. If you are going to watch a lot of movies you like the larger screen but if not you might like the portability of the mini. Check them out in person and see what you think.

14. OldLadywithiPod thread starter macrumors member

OldLadywithiPod

LOL - I began using "Old Lady" moniker to make it plain from the get-go that I'm not an ultra tech-savvy young lady, but rather a tech-savvy boomer with "ripened" tastes and needs. Old Man is my husband who is way more tech-savvy than I am. He built our 3-computers and set up our home network. And he has the first generation iPad!

However, I did take (and pass!) several classes in FORTRAN IV and COBOL in college, and I use Windows XP and MS Office on my work laptop, so I'm not horse'n'buggy, just old.

Every old lady likes games like Tetris and BubbleBreaker. My mother's 87 and SHE likes Tetris.

P.S. Thanks for the tip about increasing font size - will come in handy!

Thanks everyone! Y'all still great!

----------

Funny picture! We're not quite that old . . . . ;)