(old) Leather apple laptop briefcase- help?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by wtriker, Oct 17, 2011.

1. wtriker macrumors newbie

Hello!

I'm hoping someone has seen one of these before - or has some info. My initial searches haven't come up with anything.

Black leather (Swiss made - per the inside of the lock)

Any thoughts/input would be great!
    If you'd like other photos please let me know.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

perhaps it is a generic case with an apple affixed to it.

3. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

No I think it's an official Apple one, I have a one in a similar style/material made for the Black G3 Pismo model. Has Apple logos on the zips etc.

4. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

5. vintageapple, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

vintageapple macrumors member

vintageapple

Back 80's when I was there Apple sold MANY items at the campus store to which they affixed their logo to, I think only employees could purchase them though. I have countless random items (ex. beach bags, towels, folders, wood boxes, rulers, coolers, office supplies, dinner plates/mugs...so much) you would not normally associate with Apple that they either gave away or had for purchase. Many of these items simply have a stamped outline of the Apple logo, I think I have a bag very similar to the one you have somewhere. With the bags that had zippers, as said above, the logo is on all the zippers as well. Anyways, a lot of the stuff I would not believe was actually from Apple if I had not been given/purchased it myself. Hope this helps!

Edit:
    On a lot of the black leather stuff the logo is just stamped, NO color. When the logo is stitched, it is always the rainbow logo on my stuff. Since yours is white its probably from the 90's+.

6. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

I have one and I found a Pismo in it. Has the same apple logos and they are imprinted on the zippers. how much are these worth?

7. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

What, the bag or the Pismo?

I'll make an offer for the bag, PM me.

8. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Yes, the bag. I will post pictures later and write to you. I'm probably not selling it though but I would like to hear the offer.

9. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

Well, if you're not selling, I won't offer, it would ever embarrass or offend.
    It would not be in triple figures, lets just say that.

:)