Old Mac accessories

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by osprey76, Sep 28, 2016.

1. osprey76 macrumors 6502

Hi all,

I have a number of old to very old Macs and accessories. Is there any interest in these kinds of things anymore?

I have:

Power Mac 7200 with a G3 PCI upgrade card, works fine last time I tried
    Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet) with a processor upgrade, power supply failed

Along with these, I have some ADB mice and keyboards, some legs and a CD rack that attach to the PM G4 chassis, etc.

Is there any interest in things this old out there? If not, I need to trash/recycle this old gear. If there are people that would use this stuff, I'd be interested in getting it to them.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

I'd say there are some interest in the Power Macs. The other things might sell on eBay/Craigslist, but don't expect to make a lot from them

3. jdasikainen macrumors 6502

jdasikainen

yeah id say the powermacs would have some value but idk about the other stuff.

4. bse5150 macrumors 6502

bse5150

Head on over to http://68kmla.org and post your stuff there. That site is full of vintage Mac collectors.

5. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

What's the processor upgrade in the GigE?

Also, what(specific) ADB keyboards do you have?

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Hey that's what I was wondering Mr. Museum Curator!!! ;) :D :D

7. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Funny how you and I both gravitated toward the same thing :)

Now that my G4 tower collection is more or less complete, I've been buying variants(I have all the Digital Audios) and processor upgrades.

If this one turns out to be a dual 7448, I can guarantee you that the OP's inbox is going to be FULL.

8. osprey76 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies.

The Power Mac upgrade is a Powerlogix brand, I believe. It is definitely a dual processor setup and may be 1.2 GHz. I used to know this stuff off the top of my head, but it's pretty old now. I tried the OWC single processor upgrade, but had problems with it being unstable. So, I went for the better reputation product in its day. I do not believe this is the 7448 series of chip, since this Mac has a 100 MHz bus. The tower also has a SIIG brand PATA card, some brand of USB 2 card (that is natively supported, as I recall), and a Radeon 8500 card.

The ADB keyboards are an Apple Design Keyboard and an Adesso brand keyboard. Both have ports for a mouse to plug in to.

9. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial