Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoyajack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Many years ago I created for floor plans of my factory (on a Mac Plus!) I created these using Mac Draw and Claris works and stuff like that. I saved all the files and I now need to get into them and revamp the layout of our factory but I can't find any software that will open any of these old files. Some of them are labeled as Microsoft Word files but no Microsoft program will open them. Some are labeled as .PDF but they cannot be opened by illustrator. It says they were saved in an invalid format. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
If you can't find any native software, another option would be to use a classic macOS emulator like Basilisk II or Executor.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Saved them on my hard drive.

Good since that reduces the chance of file corruption.

I think you're original post is way too vague and that's probably because you don't specifically remember exactly what kind of files they are or exactly how they were created. "Stuff like that" covers a lot of ground as even back in those ancient times there were a lot of software options. You've got to nail down what kind of files these are in order to search for a solution on how to view them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.