OS Neutral OLD Mac Game -- Help?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by vni, Mar 8, 2014.

1. vni macrumors newbie

This is random.

I played an OLD (90's or 80's) Mac game like Exile by Spiderweb Software in terms of the game play and graphic design.

Except this game was in black and white.

It involved a castle at one point and some spiders you had to kill and something about a hermit and the occasional treasure chest.

You could go through a forested area as well.

It's a shot in the dark, but it's driving me nuts!!! Any help would be appreciated.

2. Janichsan macrumors 65816

Janichsan

Hm, that's unfortunately a bit vague, since there are a couple of games similar to this, like Xyphus, Dungeon of Doom or Shadow Keep, even more when including the games that only optionally could run in black & white (e.g. Ultima II and III, Siege of Darkwood, The Odyssey, Odyssey: Legend of Nemesis (these two are not related, I think) or Wanderer). I seem to recall that Realmz also could run in b&w.

3. vni thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!!!!

:) SHADOW KEEP.

Thank you so much, kind stranger. I greatly appreciate your help!

4. Janichsan macrumors 65816

Janichsan

Glad I could help. :)

5. Maceryka macrumors newbie

Maceryka

Ok I have one... it was mid to late 90s. Graphics were vivid and colorful but not 3D rendered.

Game was a mystery/puzzle game with different rooms in a mansion I think. One puzzle I remember was playing a certain key combination on an organ or piano.

The comments/narration was funny. One remark I remember was if you got a puzzle wrong it would say "oblivious newton john, come on down."

The different rooms and puzzles were linked and one clue would lead to another. I also seem to remember something about a monkey and a 6 or 9 related to the game name or the developer name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ps - it's not rendered like Myst and it's not The seventh guest. (Better graphics than seventh guest.)