"Old" Mac Mini overstock?

mrmunkily

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Anyone know of any merchants lookig to get rid of their "old" base model minis? I'm upgrading the ram myself to a gig so if I can get a deal on a 256 model, I might as well take it... But I can't seem to find any that are less than the official mini price. Does apple keep its price control on old products?

Sam I Am

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2005
Ann Arbor, MI
mrmunkily said:
Anyone know of any merchants lookig to get rid of their "old" base model minis? I'm upgrading the ram myself to a gig so if I can get a deal on a 256 model, I might as well take it... But I can't seem to find any that are less than the official mini price. Does apple keep its price control on old products?
No, the prices almost always go down. Just wait a few days, they'll go down. Probably not much though, because the updates today weren't very big.

mrmunkily

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
do they make the retailers stop selling those models? or are they free to get rid of the inventory by selling it?

mrmunkily

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Just so people know,

The Apple store sold the old base model to me for $480. Not much of a discount, really but I'm not complaining since I had add'nl discounts layered on top of it. But jeez, you people weren't kidding. 256 MB ram is really unusable! I can't wait until my ram arrives... Come on newegg, you've never failed me before...