"Old" Mac Mini's Will Go Down In Price?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by blairh, Mar 2, 2009.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

This is purely out of curiosity, but do you think that when the new mac mini's are eventually released (it looks inevitable now), the current 1.83 & 2.00 Ghz models will go down in price? I know Apple won't probably sell them but retailers like Macmall and Amazon might still have them in stock to unload.

2. greg555 macrumors 6502a

They will probably clear them out through the refurb store.

I bought my white iMac for $1199 (Canadian) from the refurb store shortly after the aluminum iMacs came out. A couple of months later they dropped the price of the white iMacs to $999 to clear them out.

So they will get cheaper but probably not right away.

Greg

3. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

Forget refurbs, I'm talking about new ones that will still be available, hopefully, on amazon and macmall, etc.

I got my MBP the day after the unibody version was released for $1,450 new.

4. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

why forget refurbs? They're just as good and still cheaper than the same model new from the other outlets. seems foolish to me.

Though I don't know the exact time frame, they do drop the prices of the refurbs pretty quickly after the new models come out.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

^^^ our local Mac Retailer took 15% off the price of the previous generation Macs when new ones came out...

So, $599 ones went for $509 and the $799 went for $679 - new in boxes. They only lasted for a couple days after the new ones announced...

6. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Apple might just put them in the clearance section of the online Apple Store. They will probably end up having used ones and ones that have never been used, but are just outdated. (probably $50 markdown for new ones and $100 for refurbs)

7. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

i just prefer new vs. refurb. just a personal preference.