Old Mac, worth anything?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sportguy0913, Aug 3, 2008.

1. sportguy0913 macrumors 6502

Ok, so I have a Mac Performa 630CD from way back when, and I know I paid around $2000 for it. I still have the Mac operating system reinstall disc. Is it worth anything anywhere or is it just rendered useless and doomed to continue to collect dust in my basement? Oh, and I have an OLD HP printer to go along with it, both a tan-ish color.

2. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

You might be able to unload it on someone for $10.

3. bob vansteel macrumors regular

nonsense! I know i'd buy it! Let it "collect dust" longer and you will have a worthwhile collectible antique! Lol I have a 1gen ipod that barely been touched and never even been used! I'm planning on doing the same thing:)

4. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

i do not understand.:confused:
    i have had 9 ipods over the years and i could not see myself not using them.

5. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    You should make one of those cool fish tanks out of it! :D

6. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

I highly doubt the Perfoma 630CD will ever be considered a "collectable" Mac. They're pretty common and there really isn't anything special about them. Its no TAM, Macintosh TV, or G4 Cube. I've got a ton of old Macs in the basement that just aren't worth anything. Its just a matter of time before I haul them off to be recycled. I collected them for years, and its just not worth trying to sell them. When you can pick up a G3 iMac for less than $20 just about anywhere, that doesn't leave much room for selling old PPC and 680x0 Macs. I've always been pretty proud of my collection, but I can't say I'd ever dream of making any money off them.