Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
$300 for a complete 128k?!!!!

They go for €2000 or more here in Europe! I had to settle for an aesthetically identical 512Ke.

----------

Okay... :confused:

Yes, it's an old Mac. Did you have a question about it? Are you wondering if it's a good deal?

Spoiler, it is.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
$300 for a complete 128k?!!!!

They go for €2000 or more here in Europe! I had to settle for an aesthetically identical 512Ke.

Okay, I see now. Yes, $300 is a little cheap for the US, but not outrageously so. I paid $500 for a fully-complete with all original parts 128K a couple years ago, from its original owner.

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
Actually I didn't read that it had a Plus logic board! Now that price makes sense, apologies!
Actually, the listing is ambiguous to whether the original board is present or not, as elsewhere in the listing it mentions "both" and "digital board" which I've got to presume the seller is calling the motherboard the "digital" board, which I see could be a logical deduction if the other board is called the "analog" board. :)

..and dealing with someone who would close the listing with "if my daddy says you live close enough". ;)

OTOH, $300 for all that otherwise original, period, stuff isn't too horrible. sure, it could be less. Are original motherboards that hard to find?

I kept several over the years just because they were gonna be tossed otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.