Old Mac

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by oldhifi, Dec 29, 2013.

1. oldhifi macrumors 6502a

oldhifi

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Okay... :confused:

Yes, it's an old Mac. Did you have a question about it? Are you wondering if it's a good deal?

3. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

$300 for a complete 128k?!!!!

They go for €2000 or more here in Europe! I had to settle for an aesthetically identical 512Ke.

----------

Spoiler, it is.

4. tdiaz macrumors 6502

Even if it has the wrong mouse ;-)

5. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

Actually I didn't read that it had a Plus logic board! Now that price makes sense, apologies!

6. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Okay, I see now. Yes, $300 is a little cheap for the US, but not outrageously so. I paid $500 for a fully-complete with all original parts 128K a couple years ago, from its original owner.

7. tdiaz macrumors 6502

Actually, the listing is ambiguous to whether the original board is present or not, as elsewhere in the listing it mentions "both" and "digital board" which I've got to presume the seller is calling the motherboard the "digital" board, which I see could be a logical deduction if the other board is called the "analog" board. :)

..and dealing with someone who would close the listing with "if my daddy says you live close enough". ;)

OTOH, $300 for all that otherwise original, period, stuff isn't too horrible. sure, it could be less. Are original motherboards that hard to find?

I kept several over the years just because they were gonna be tossed otherwise.