Old Macbook Air - possible to replace logic board with new nvidia board?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by fuz10n, Apr 17, 2009.

1. fuz10n macrumors member

fuz10n

Hi everyone

I'm somewhat new to the forums, and found a really good deal for a brand new macbook air (rev.1). I'd like to know if it is possible to replace the logic board in my macbook air with a newer, nvidia-gfx based logic board. As in, will it fit, does the same power supply run it, same peripherals (airport, keyboard, etc) work/interface with it, etc?

I searched around and couldn't find anything on this.

Thanks!
    Andrew

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

It will be a very complicated process. Some things won't work (such as the HD - different interface).

And look at the prices of the nVidia motherboards. Combine that with the cost of your MacBook Air, and you'll see how silly this idea really is.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

You're losing money in the end... Just buy the Rev B, it'll save money and time.

4. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I suppose you could rephrase the question and ask if you could buy a broken screen Rev.B and salvage the internals to fit into your Rev.A, that might be more cost effective. A lot of work though!

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

TechRstore charges 400 to replace a broken Air screen. Probably smarter than jamming the Rev B internals in a Rev A.

6. fuz10n thread starter macrumors member

fuz10n

I just went ahead and boxed up my mba and am taking it back to best buy today to trade in for the rev.b