"Old" Macbook or "New" Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by j1oyama, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j1oyama macrumors newbie

Hi all, so after having some problems with my lenovo laptop, I'm thinking of picking up a macbook to use as my primary computer. Right now I've narrowed it down to the previous 13.3" 2.4 gHz unibody macbook and the new 13.3" 2.26 gHz unibody macbook pro. In terms of cost, the 2.4 runs $1199 and the 2.26 is $1099, and while a $100 difference may seem pretty negligible, I am still a student so any money I can save the better. As far as performance goes, what kind of improvement can I expect from the 2.4? I've read a few threads comparing the last gen 2.0 and 2.4 macbooks and it seemed like the differences was pretty minimal so I'm assuming it would be the same case with the ones I'm looking at? Any feedback/opinions/recommendations are welcome, and thank you in advance!

2. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Don't take this the wrong way, but use the search function man...

3. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Yeah. People get kind of tired of answering the same questions over and over again. If you do a good and proper search, you'll get tons of threads to read immediately, instead of waiting for posts to dribble in throughout the day.

That said, I'd check my local craigslist and find someone wanting to dump their mb 2.0 for a fair discount. I've seen a few in my area offering to sell month old models for $900 or less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.