Old Macbook Pro vs. New Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by masi, Nov 26, 2008.

1. masi macrumors newbie

masi

I have a macbook pro and Im looking at getting a new macbook. They both would be 2.4Ghz and the same ram? Has anyone had experiences with the new macbooks and the last edition of the macbook pros?? is there a reasonable difference. I also want to get leopard. still on tiger and the new touch pad. everything looks really nice.

Let me know your thoughts.

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

It seems to me like everyone is having a lot of problems with the new macbooks. Yes they are very snazzy, but I would wait until the second generation comes out so that there are (hopefully) no more slanted keys and screen issues. If it were me making the decision, I would stick with the old MBP (and it's not even that old because you said you had a 2.4GHz processor, and it has a better graphics card than the new macbook). Good Luck.

3. showkati macrumors regular

slanted keys do not come standard with the macbooks. They only show up in a small percentage of them, and even then you can easy swap it out with a new one. The screen in more of a personal preference. Some people love it and think its the best screen yet, but others think differently.

the new macbook 2.4ghz is going to perform better, but you have to ask yourself, can you manage with a 13" screen?

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

EVERYBODY?! Not quite. If that were true, Apple would pull them off the market and probably burn them. There are plenty of people who are 100% problem-free on their new MBs. And the rest of the happy customers don't even bother coming on this Forum.
    Yes, there are some issues (I had a couple of them) but i'm perfectly content with the MB i have now.

5. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Agreed, I have a 100% problem free MacBook bought on October 16 and love it!

To the OP: i'd stay stay with your MBP, it has better graphics and a better screen unless you want more portability.

6. masi thread starter macrumors newbie

masi

thanks

Thanks for the great help.

Sounds like I will stick with the Macbook Pro for now. I really like the multitouch touchpad though. I have played with them in my local Apple store.

Thanks again.

7. pscraig macrumors member

I sold my MBP 2.2 two weeks ago and bought a Macbook 2.4, no regrets and I am very happy.