Old Mail on clean install - how ??

hfg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
My system disk has evolved over many years and upgrades and I am thinking of starting over with a clean install.

My MAIL is my primary concern ... I have a valuable history of mail folders with contact information I don't want to lose. After I have the clean install of OS X ML and all of my additional applications installed, how can I retrieve and recover my mail folders from the old-system to the new-system so I can continue just where I left off?

I have tried to "export" from the old, and "import" to the new, but it just adds a "import" folder rather than presenting it exactly as it was. Is there a library tree somewhere which can be copied to the new installation which will bring up the mail application exactly as it was?

Thanks,
-howard

hfg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Did you use Migration Assistant to move your old email to your clean install? Read all about it us the blog post Mac to Mac Transfer - Move Your Important Mac Data
Back Up or Move Mail, Bookmarks, Address Book, iCal to a New Mac
I did not use Migration Assistant as I did not want other junk to migrate to the fresh install.

Thank you ... that link was perfect for what I am wanting to do! :) :cool:

I am surprised that article didn't come up in my many Google searches with key words.

Thanks,
-howard