Old MBP 2.4 .vs. New MB 2.4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LDSC2008, Oct 31, 2008.

1. LDSC2008 macrumors newbie

Bonjour à tous,

I am wondering what would be the best choice, a new MB 2,4 or an "old" MBP 15" 2.4

For this week in store they have rebates to remove their current MB & MBP from their inventory. They come up to approximaely he same price.

thanks for your insight.

2. jojo13 macrumors 6502

jojo13

go for the new macbook
    they are so much cooler :)

3. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

If graphics are of heavy importance to you, go with the MBP. If it isn't and you like the design of the new MB and the features (trackpad, unibody, etc.) Also, if you're considering hooking up a FW camera to the computer...well you already know.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Agree to a large extent. If graphics, performance and an excellent screen (both quality and size), matter to you go for the MBP; I have one, it's a superb computer. If a more modern machine - more stylish, but less power, perhaps - appeals to you, choose the new MB. My own recommendation would be the MBP; it's still a far better computer than the MB.

Cheers and good luck

5. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

depends on what youre gonna use it for. any pro work, get the macbook pro. the macbook has and will always be a CONSUMER machine. dont bother even trying pro work on them.