Old model vs. New Model

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bladehavoc, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bladehavoc macrumors member

I may be switching to a Mac within the next few months...something I've been waiting for a long time. But I want this to be an intelligent switch.

I really like the aesthetics of the Apple notebooks, but I want that aesthetic to last a while. I've seen many MacBooks with horribly discolored palmrests and shiny trackpads, but I've also seen some pretty badly stained aluminum MacBook Pros.

What design would hold up the longest? I personally find both versions of the laptop very beautiful, but I need help deciding.

2. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Well, if you plan to go with the Macbook, consider "Will I need firewire?" If yes, then you're decision is rather easy.

However, if you don't need Firewire or you're considering a Macbook Pro, I personally would go with the new design. Updated graphics chips are a plus, larger trackpad, etc. I mean, if you don't mind a glossy screen.

As for a purely design standpoint, I feel the aluminum ones look a bit more...professional? However, there will always be the classic white and black ones running around and I can't foresee them going out of style anytime soon.

3. bladehavoc thread starter macrumors member

I have no need for FireWire and I don't do any digital media, so the glossy screen isn't much of a hassle for me. Which has the better display though? I heard that both have a small viewing angle.

4. Vric macrumors newbie

Both have rather bad display, but the new one is a bit better than my old BlackBook

5. andrewag macrumors 6502

I need Firewire: MacBook (white) or MacBook Pro
    I want to play casual games: Macbook (new) or MacBook Pro

'luck

6. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

If it were I, the choice would be the newer one.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3