Old netboot Not working

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Mycatisbigfoot, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Mycatisbigfoot macrumors regular

Hey guys, I got my server almost setup,
    I have most of my setting in it done here is my list of it
    AFP
    DCHP
    DNS
    Net-boot !!!!
    NFS
    Open Directory

Server Version
    10.3.9 (build 7W98)

I am having a problem with my net-boot on older macs.

My tray loader imacs will not boot off my server
    I have used the old_netboot_enabled
    I have did that as apple told me to and it will not work if my life depend on it, Any help here?

thanks

2. JGruber macrumors 6502

You need to have a valid Netboot image on the server in order for Netboot to work correctly. Location of that Netboot Image is /Library/Netboot/NetbootSP0/Netboot_Image_Name.nbi on the server. (Netboot_Image_Name is the name of your Image)

3. Mycatisbigfoot thread starter macrumors regular

Yea i knew that, On my Slot loading imac it will boot, but on the tray loading's it wont boot

4. JGruber macrumors 6502

Each different 'Style' or 'Model' of Mac needs it's own separate Netboot Image.

5. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Is this an old iMac without Firewire ports? If so, you can't netboot those machines. Anything newer is possible.

6. Mycatisbigfoot thread starter macrumors regular

Ok sorry, I forgot all about this thread, but this is the old style imacs with out the fire wire, and they were on a net boot at my school as they came with no system and there default was a net boot, aswell they said on the back something about a netboot, as well i have osx 10.3 as my netboot immage, and they wont boot, i know 10.2 booted these old computers