Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chinaman87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
I'm trying to sell an iphone and wanted to keep the apps on there but wanted to delete all my personal stuff, which selection on the iphone would I use to accomplish this or should I just go into each thing I want to erase and delete it?

I was also wondering if they hook it up to itunes will it still show as "Peter's Iphone" and if so how do I remove that?

Last thing, When I hook up my new iphone to my itunes will all my apps and songs that were synced be on the new phone once I sync it?

THanks

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I'm trying to sell an iphone and wanted to keep the apps on there but wanted to delete all my personal stuff, which selection on the iphone would I use to accomplish this or should I just go into each thing I want to erase and delete it?

I was also wondering if they hook it up to itunes will it still show as "Peter's Iphone" and if so how do I remove that?

Last thing, When I hook up my new iphone to my itunes will all my apps and songs that were synced be on the new phone once I sync it?

THanks

Personally you should just erase the entire iPhone because those apps have your iTunes login associated with them (not password), that would also erase the "Peter Griffin's iPhone" name also lol. Yes, when you hook up your new iPhone you can restore from backup which will transfer your iTunes library that you have selected to your new iPhone.

pcs are junk

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2009
Plug it into itunes, click restore, wait about 10 minutes, and before it has a chance to activate, remove the SIM card. Now sell the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.