Old notes keep coming back!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CADer, Oct 9, 2009.

1. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

Ok I searched the forum and no luck.

My iPhone keeps bringing old notes back from the past, yeah kinda scary. I delete the notes from the iphone and in my Mac mail program under Reminders>Notes only 3 notes appear, the 3 that I want. Once I sync the notes from the first iphone I ever had come back - 1st gen iPhone that had a different device name and my current 3GS has never been restored from an old sync!

What the crap do I do to get rid of these "ghost notes" that sometimes appear after a sync, sometimes because it seams like 2 syncs after deleting them they come back.

2. celticpride678

I also had this issue. I solved it by disabling Notes syncing in iTunes and then enabling it.

3. CADer thread starter macrumors 6502

CADer

1st sync - testing

If this works you should be promoted, not sure what job you have but you need a promotion

AHHH! I deleted all my notes?

I was dumb and deleted them from mail

how do I get them back?

4. celticpride678

Check your device and see if they are still there. If not, sorry, they are gone.

5. CADer thread starter macrumors 6502

CADer

Get this! the 3 notes I wanted to keep but delete from Mail, thinking once I synced the iPhone would put them back in the mail app, now they are gone but some how the "Ghost notes" are back! This is so lame I really hate apple right now!

6. CADer thread starter macrumors 6502

CADer

Ok even though I deleted my notes the old ones still come back anyone else have a fix for this?

7. michael gavriel macrumors newbie

Also having the problem where the updates i make on my iphone are erased and replaced with whatever is on the computer. the checkbox for replace info on iphone is not checked. anyone got a fix? thanks

8. d4RKrITU4L macrumors newbie

I think i've figured this out.

I use IMAP Gmail in Apple Mail, and since I started using it I got 2 kinds of notes : On My Mac and Gmail, both under global "Notes".

I've changed in MAIL->PREFERENCES->COMPOSING the "create notes and todos" to "On My Mac" (was "Gmail")

Then, delete the "Gmail" notes mailbox from the left list view in Mail

Make sure to delete all trash permanently

Remove all the unwanted notes from the iPhone / Ipod Touch

Sync with iTunes

This did the job for me, ghost notes have not come back so far... but I'll keep you updated.

If this works for you, you could show me your gratitude by donating your 3Gs ;) mail me for my adress :p

Good luck ;)

9. CADer thread starter macrumors 6502

CADer

Testing! But no I am not in a financial situation to give my 3GS away :eek:

But I must say so far this is the fix!!!

Thanks deeply! if you have a 3G let me know I have some promo codes for GPS apps.

10. penter macrumors 6502a

penter

Same issue here.
    I've tried everything suggested in the thread.
    Old notes keep coming back to my iPod!
    Oddly, they are not reflected in my Mail.
    I restored the iPod, but I chose to restore from backup. Could that be the issue?
    I don't want to risk losing all of my apps...

11. pixietulsa macrumors newbie

I have tried everything in this thread

and I still can't get the deleted notes to stop reappearing. I reset my phone to factory settings and I even bought a new phone. It takes a few syncs, but they keep coming back. I am getting really frustrated. Does anyone know how I can get these notes to stop reappearing?