Old phone as a backup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by woodekm, Jun 13, 2008.

1. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

We'll my initial intention of not selling my original iPhone was to have a backup in case something happened to the new one.

Does anyone know if the sim card will be interchangeable between the orig and the new 3g? Will we be getting a new sim with the new phone? I might have wasted my time keeping my old phone if that is the case.

I know it may be too early to tell, but it would be sweet if I could jump between phones if needed.

Also, when will the first demo 3G phones be hitting the stores? I'd like to see the "little things" that apple fixed that bugged me a little on the orig.

Thanks!
    W

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My understanding of the latest and the greatest, is that the SIM card will be different between iPhones. Basically, your new 3G iPhone will have a SIM card with its own information on it. You might be able to do the switching of SIM cards, but it is sounding like you would need to work directly with AT&T to get that done.

Hopefully, they'll hit stores sooner than July 11th, 2008. :confused:

3. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Sim cards have always been interchangeable. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

4. woodekm thread starter macrumors 65816

woodekm

Yea. My current sim says "3g" but I dont really think that means much, especially on the current model.