Old Photos in iCloud Photo Library

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by atacinus, Oct 18, 2014.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

This might just be a question where the answer is "Wait until 2015 when apple releases photos for the mac" but if there is a way to do this I would like to know.

Currently I have the beta of iCloud photo library set up on both my iPad and iPhone - this is working great and gives me access on both devices to all of my photos I've taken somewhat recently.

However in iPhoto I obviously have photos going back years to like 2005 or so. Is there a way to manually get these photos into the iCloud photo library so I can have access to them "in the cloud" on all of my devices? Is there a way to hack this (i.e. somehow transfer them to camera roll and fool iCloud into uploading them)?

Anyone know - I'm just incredibly impatient and don't want to wait until photos for Mac comes out to get these "legacy" photos in iCloud photo library...

2. profets macrumors 601

The only way I can think of (which I've actually been doing myself slowly), is copying those photos onto an SD card, and using the Lightening-SD Card adapter with the iPad to import them.

3. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

I used an app called rollit to do exactly that. You transfer all the pictures and videos to the app using itunes. Then from the app to camera roll. The only problem I experienced is the photos are in random order in camera roll/recently added. But in moments it's all set by dates etc. Photos taken will show up correctly in camera roll.
    All the data within the photos are kept. So I can search by location etc. And you transfer using usb so it's pretty fast.