Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harold33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
Toronto
Sorry to say, whilst I LOVE most apple products im just not a fan of the latest incarnation of nano designs, dont really like the touch screen on such a small, 4th gen was actually my fav.

What are the chances of them returning to the old design ?

Cursed

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2010
Staffordshire UK
Unfortunately for you there's around zero chance of it happening. Apple seem pretty keen on touchscreen devices and it's pretty much unknown for them to make a portable product bigger.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Unlikely but not impossible. They did after all bring back 2nd gen styling with the shuffle.

Get an armband for the 6th gen. Makes a huge difference as far as navigation and use. In fact as a person that prefers buttons to touch, I like the 6G better than the 4G or 5G when used with an armband.

There is another issue with ipods in that it doesn't look like they are going to be upgraded often since the iphone and ipad are apple's babies now. I was shocked that even the touch didn't get upgraded this year.

- posted from my dorky kindle fire

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Making it larger and adding more hard buttons would cause Steve to roll over, haunt Cook and strip Sir Ive of his knighthood.:eek:

pumazooma

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
UK
Making it larger and adding more hard buttons would cause Steve to roll over, haunt Cook and strip Sir Ive of his knighthood.:eek:
They made the shuffle bigger and added more buttons.

I don't see why they couldn't make it twice as long to make the screen a bit more usable and bring back the much liked longer form factor.

Merkava_4

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2010
California
Sorry to say, whilst I LOVE most apple products im just not a fan of the latest incarnation of nano designs, dont really like the touch screen on such a small, 4th gen was actually my fav.

I'm with you on that. The 6th gen seems too small to navigate with
large fingers. I wish I had bought a 5th gen before they were all gone.

cr2

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
good v/s practical

I'm with you on that. The 6th gen seems too small to navigate with
large fingers. I wish I had bought a 5th gen before they were all gone.

It is looks good v/s practical. Sometimes you can't get both, a difficult decision which my wife has to take all the time while selecting shoes :)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i doubt that they will revert on the design at this point. that being said. i just hope they always keep around a classic iPod with a click wheel because i just find that to be the easiest to use overall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.