Old shsh on new iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mr. MoJo, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Mr. MoJo macrumors newbie

Hello all.
    I'm new to this site and I'm hoping I can find an answer to a question I've been looking for all weekend long.

Ok, here's my situation. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 on 4.3.3. I'm one of the "lucky" ones who's mic no longer works. I thought it might have had something to do with something I downloaded from Cydia so I upgraded to 4.3.4 to kill Cydia. After doing so I made 1 phone call and it worked. But that's the only time it worked. Once I saw this, I used my 4.3.3 shsh to downgrade back to 4.3.3. I'm now about to call my local Apple store to exchange my phone for a working one.

Here's my question. If the new phone they give me is on 4.3.4, would the shsh from my current phone allow me downgrade that one or is the shsh only good for the actual device it was saved from?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

No, the SHSH blobs are unique to each iDevice and cannot be transferred.

3. Mr. MoJo thread starter macrumors newbie

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Apple does't open all the boxes and put 4.3.4 on them. The new phone will not have 4.3.4.

5. Mr. MoJo thread starter macrumors newbie

Really?? That's music to my ears! But how about when they activate it? Wouldn't iTunes automatically install 4.3.4?

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Nope, it'll tell you that there is an update and it'll ask you if you want to install it.

7. Mr. MoJo thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh ok. Thanks for the replies. They're very much appreciated.