Old Silver Bezel Gone...Finally!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donster28, Jun 9, 2010.

1. donster28 macrumors 65816

Being one of the lucky ones eligible for an upgrade to the iPhone 4, I am excited that I can finally own an iPhone without that dreaded silver bezel! Gone are the tiny scratches that make the iPhone look like crap.

I am happy with brushed metal surrounding the iPhone 4...are you?

2. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

To be honest, I actually liked the chrome bezel the previous iPhones had. It was the shiniest looking bezel I've seen and other competitors incorporated that design into their phones--except it looked much cheaper and dull.

I thought it was classy but you're 100% right in it being a heavy wear piece that scuffs as soon as you breathe on it.

I like the new transition into brushed steel look. Very very industrial yet not offensive.

3. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

i hear ya! :)

4. Built macrumors 68020

I always keep mine in a Contour black polycarb case, so it's protected, but I do like the new look.

5. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

So glad it's gone. It's really the one reason I keep my phone in a case. The bezel just scratches so easily now.

6. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Even with a polycarb case, mine unfortunately scratched as time went. It had something to do with tiny dust particles slipping through and getting squished in between. Don't even get a rubber case. These are much worse because of their flexible nature...dust trapped is grinded on the bezel as the rubbery material moves.

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

People are going to be screaming for a bezel in the next iPhone after all the reports of iPhone 4s exploding after short drops. The screen is entirely unprotected!

8. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Solution: Apple's Bumpers for $29.99.

9. Built macrumors 68020

It's funny...I'm even looking at my old Iphone 1st gen (with the polycarb case off)...and not a scratch...I guess I'm just lucky...

10. Built macrumors 68020

"Exploding"? Please explain.

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Just another way for Apple to nickel and dime you. They take out the bezel in the fourth generation and sell it back to you for $29.

12. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

People complained about the way it used to look, so they removed it, and made a profitable solution to those that still desired that look/element of protection. Not really seeing the nickel and dime element, as it is nowhere near necessary to have a case at all. I know I won't be buying any case.

13. Built macrumors 68020

Based on the lack of response substantiating this statement, obviously a poor choice of words. :rolleyes:

14. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Im pretty indifferent about the bezel since the the rubber Incipio case covers it.

The bumpers make it look a bit bulky but I certainly will be buying a case of some design with a glass front and back. Hopefully more than just the bumpers will be available on launch day.

Blonde Buddhist

15. Built macrumors 68020

I'm holding out for a Contour black Polycarb case...just as I have on my 1st gen and my 3G.