Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

everhage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Most likely I already know the answer to the follwing question (I just don't wanna believe it).

I've got an older TV with no component or HDMI connection. All I've got in the back are 2 Scart connections (one is stated as RGB, the other as Y/C). According to the AppleTV specs I'm in bad luck and need to buy a new TV in order to use this great device. However, you can buy 'component to scart' cables that I can plug into the back of my TV. It's a long shot, but does anyone know whether this works?

splank

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2007
Milwaukee
Chances are out of the box, its only for the newer TVs, but theres bound to be some third party belkin or monstercable thingy that you can use. :)

everhage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Yeah....will have to get myself a newer TV first or wait for some third party plug-and-pray cables. Would be best to get a HD TV with a HDMI connection in order to enjoy the AppleTV fully. Man.....why didn't they think of us losers with TV's of about five years old....mine should last for about five more years (it was expensive enough).

sjk

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Eugene
Would be best to get a HD TV with a HDMI connection in order to enjoy the AppleTV fully.
Even EDTV can be acceptable, especially for anyone whose primary source of content is current iTunes Store offerings. It's SDTV owners (like you and I, for now) that ATV completely excludes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.