Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
OK, due to the confining nature of the nickelodeon thread, post all your favorite shows, of all time here.

List:
1. Saved by the Bell
2. Family Matters (WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE SHOW AFTER THIS ONE? 2 guys in an apartment???)
3. Boy meets world
4. Dr. Quinn Medicine woman (OK I hated this show but my babysitter at the time LOVED it so I was stuck with it)
5. Darkwing duck
6. Tailspin
7. Pirates of Dark Water (!)(!)

yours?

Pittsax

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Some of these are on the list because I grew up with them, not because of their quality (others are just great shows):

Knight Rider
MacGyver
The Muppet Show
Alf
Star Trek: TNG
The Prisoner

Takumi

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2005
Gunma, Japan
Can't go past

Sliders (except series 5)
SeaQuest DSV
Space Above & Beyond / Firefly (both only ran 1 half series)
Battlestar Galactica (both original and new)
Stargate SG1

Ok so I'm a Si-Fi Fan but it's all good stuff

Takumi

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Peyton said:
2. Family Matters (WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE SHOW AFTER THIS ONE? 2 guys in an apartment???)

"Perfect Strangers" - Larry and his foreign cousin Belki. "Family Matters" was actually a spin-off of this show. Harriett Winslow was the elevator operator at the place where cousin Larry worked.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Pittsax said:

Yes, a thousand times... I watch the re-runs as often as I can. I love that show.

That's probably the old show I miss the most, in addition to the following cartoons:

Thundercats
GI Joe
HeMan (old, not new crap)
Inspector Gadget

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
jdechko said:
Yes, a thousand times... I watch the re-runs as often as I can. I love that show.

That's probably the old show I miss the most, in addition to the following cartoons:

Thundercats
GI Joe
HeMan (old, not new crap)
Inspector Gadget

Thanks RBMaraman for the note!

My brother loves macgyver so much he changed his middle name to Jordan Macgyver ____ legally.

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
RBMaraman said:
"Perfect Strangers" - Larry and his foreign cousin Belki. "Family Matters" was actually a spin-off of this show. Harriett Winslow was the elevator operator at the place where cousin Larry worked.

yeah. i have seen reruns of this series. good stuff.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
RBMaraman said:
Ahh....the adventures of Balki Bartokamos (I think that was his last name) and Cousin Larry App-le-ton. This is the one show that I think needs to be on DVD and isn't (even though I failed to list it in the other thread).

And now, we do the Dance of Joy!

As for my other shows that I loved....I grew up with the original TGIF and matured into Must-See Thursdays. I loved the Disney Afternoon. I would always be upset when they added a new show, killing off the oldest (I remember when Gummi Bears was dropped and fearing the eventual demise of Duck Tales).

I have noticed that some shows are worse as you get older - like a lot of Muppet Show episodes (I saw reruns) - and some get even better - like Transformers. But, some of the MS episodes are among the best TV ever...

I didn't grow up with it, and never saw it on TV, but I still think Firefly makes this list. I think that (along with most of the cartoons form the 80s that everyone else has listed) make up my list...

C

CompUser

Peyton said:
I LOVED THE WONDER YEARS!!!

OK,
8. Brady Bunch
9. Rosanne (!)

EWWWWW Rosanne is the most disgusting show ever. It shows such low class people and the beginning of it is just gross when all the fat people eat chinese food (rosanne, john goodman, etc). Then they have the slutty daughter that is now on ER. Some of the topics/jokes seem a little inappropriate too.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
CompUser said:
EWWWWW Rosanne is the most disgusting show ever. It shows such low class people and the beginning of it is just gross when all the fat people eat chinese food (rosanne, john goodman, etc). Then they have the slutty daughter that is now on ER. Some of the topics/jokes seem a little inappropriate too.

You're right, and I'm not white trash, but to watch for the one liners is pretty good. I'm not an avid watcher but when I caught it on, it was funny.:eek: ;)

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
CompUser said:

That's why it was so popular, I wasn't a big fan though. TGIF! Let's see Family Matters, Perfect Strangers (I have vague rememberance of this show, I was young), Step by Step, Boy Meets World, umm that's all I remember but TGIF was the shizzle. Perfect way to end the week.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Benny Hill

Mr Bean

Seinfeld (it's "old" now)

X files (dunno, it just sort of drew me in, like looking at a car crash)

My so called life

Felix the cat, Looney Toons, any old cartoons. especially: the Flinstones or the Jetsons

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Thomas Veil said:
...I'm sure I could come up with a dozen more.
Thomas, you just might be one of the few posters who remembers Amos 'n Andy or even knows what I'm talking about. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.