Old (UFO / Mushroom shape) AEBS 802.11g / WPA2 and Windows XP / SP3

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mkrishnan, Nov 7, 2008.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So... after several years on the market in blissful safety, a team has finally identified how to quickly violate WPA-PSK.

My problem is this... I have been operating my AEBS in WPA2 only mode, which connected my iMac (Tiger), my iPhone (2.1), and my EeePC (Linux) just fine.

The problem is, I bought a Windows XP PC just recently (yeah, I know, don't start with me), which is currently running SP3, and...

- If I have the SSID hidden, it doesn't seem able to connect to the WPA network for the first time at all.

- If I make the SSID visible, it can connect at WPA1, and then I can re-hide the SSID, but it refuses to connect at WPA2.. it just keeps trying to acquire a connection and doesn't succeed.

So I had to drop my router down to WPA2/1 mixed mode. I'd like to step back up to WPA2. Anyone have an AEBS 802.11g connecting to XP/SP3 with WPA2, and can explain to me how I can get this working? :eek:

2. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Never mind, sorry... I think it turns out I must've tried to make the connection on SP2 before I upgraded to SP3. At least with SP3, I tried it again, and it seems to be fine.