Old version of foursquare app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jayzala, Jun 16, 2012.

1. jayzala macrumors newbie

Hey All,

This new version of the foursquare app really sucks and I would like to install the older .ipa but I can't find it anywhere on the internet?

Does anyone have an older foursquare app version (<5.0) on their phone and can provide that .ipa for me?

Also, any other way to grab this old version from somewhere else on the internets?

Thanks,
    John

2. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I used to use Foursquare - but have since deleted as it never worked + since Facebook allowed check ins - Foursquare has been made redundant.

3. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Go to 4shared.com and type in a search for Foursquare.ipa. You might find an older version that way.

As for Facebook, Friendcaster is a Facebook App and it loads much faster than Facebook itself and it has good check in options. Also comes with its own camera icon to post straight to Facebook.

4. Neebee macrumors 6502a

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Up until today I was lucky, I didn't have the bs issues of having to use two different Foursquare apps. However, now they have forced Swarm on us. I tried downloading an older .ipa file from above and I get a computer not authorized error message which can't be overridden.

I checked my itunes library and recycle bin. I ran Recuva for my desktop but an older version of the .ipa is unrecoverable.

Any ideas on how to get an older version without involving someone logging in to my computer and entering their iTunes userid and p/w?

5. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Do what I did: Dump Foursquare.

They have totally jumped the shark with this "Swarm" thing and took all the fun out of it. Might as well try to find an alternate "check-in" type app. Maybe Yelp.. I haven't settled on a replacement yet.

Foursquare really had a cool thing going. I can't imagine what got into their water supply that made them destroy it. Sigh. :(

6. Neebee macrumors 6502a

There might be some hope yet with Foursquare. I found a light iOS app called Checkie: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/checkie-for-foursquare/id382356167?mt=8 that allows really fast check-ins.

I am using Yelp as well but it doesn't have hotels, attractions, and other point of interests like Foursquare has which I look at the reviews and tips.

I think Foursquare didn't jump the shark, they simply dropped the ball with the last two updates that pretty much killed the usefulness and functionality of the app...but wait, in the fall they will introduce an even "better" Foursquare app. Maybe it will actually give people an unlubricated enema? :D