Old versus new keyboard

Discussion in 'iMac' started by codger, Oct 27, 2015.

1. codger macrumors member

Hi,
    There has been some criticism about the new keyboard and the new magic 2 mouse. Will the "old" magic mouse and the "old" keyboard work with the new iMac. I do not trust any Apple product that depends upon rechargeable batteries!!

2. roadkill401 macrumors 6502

roadkill401

Yes it will.. and the new ones will also work on the older iMac's that have blue-tooth 4. still working out if I want to get a new keyboard or just stick with my wireless old one

3. codger thread starter macrumors member

4. v654321 macrumors member

What about iPhones, iPads and just about any laptop that Apple has brought out? I'd say they use rechargeable batteries as well. You don't trust those either? ;-)

5. codger thread starter macrumors member

No I am afraid not. I have returned two iPad 2 for battery "failure" and have had them replaced. I have had one Macbook Pro that also has been "repaired" for a battery problem. All within AppleCare thank goodness. No experience with iPhones. And whilst we are on the subject of trust, I have had three video card failures (all nVidea I might add) since 2009, one on my Macbook Pro and two on my iMac. The latter was a 24 inch screen and after the second failure Apple replaced it with a 27 inch screen as the 24" was no longer available. I cannot praise Apple for their " yes there is a problem" and have replaced them without question, but I have a nervousness about their battery technology and are not over impressed with their focus on thinness and stuffing a laptop processor into a desk top computer. But then I am an old codger that has seen the reliability of Macs drop over the 25 years or so. I still have my very first laptop (zip on the case broken) from 1992. My first desktop (junked!) a few years before then. When I am depressed I switch it on (mains only!) and am amazed at how slow it is!! I have never owned a PC, will I change? No never but I am old enough (72) to have seen technology change so much, but is "thin" so really important? I think not. I just feel sad that it may well be that Apple is no longer the company it was, but then that is my age I guess.

So to say again, anything rechargeable supplied by Apple steer clear. Time will tell mark my words.