Older Aiport Express not working with 10.5.6

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by coren542, Mar 14, 2009.

1. coren542 macrumors newbie

I have a PowerBook G4. I was running 10.3.9 previously. I just upgraded to 10.5.6. I have a older 2004 Airport Express running just itunes to a stereo in the living room. I have a new Express acting as a wireless router and airtunes to the stereo in the office. When I upgraded the OS I lost the older express in the living room. When I try to set up the older base station I get this message:
    "This version of the AirPort Setup Assistant cannot set up this AirPort Base Station. Please use the software that came with the base or that is available online station to set it up." The new OS will not allow me to install the old AirPort Setup Assistant for Graphite or Snow. It says the new set up assistant is compatible with the older models. Obviously contradicting statements. Anyone have these issues?
    Thanks for looking and possibly helping

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Try reseting the airport express. Then starting from scratch.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1450

3. coren542 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for you time. I did the factory default reset. But it will not show the airport. It is almost like it isnt even plugged in. The airport express itself flashes amber. So I know it is not responding with my computer.
    Still have no idea.