Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeekAtBirth

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
How can I use the two buttons on the side?

Attachments

• Photo 67.jpg
    Photo 67.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 55

Shawnstra

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2008
Singapore
They're squeeze buttons, used by default to launch Expose. You should be able to change what it does in System Preferences though.

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
They're squeeze buttons, used by default to launch Expose. You should be able to change what it does in System Preferences though.

They're squeeze buttons on a mighty mouse but that isn't a mighty mouse. The clear top was what you had on the old optical mouse that was replaced by the mighty mouse. It just had a single button action and the whole top pressed down. Similar to the MM but without the scroll ball, touch sensitive clicking surface and squeeze buttons.

Shawnstra

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2008
Singapore
They're squeeze buttons on a mighty mouse but that isn't a mighty mouse. The clear top was what you had on the old optical mouse that was replaced by the mighty mouse. It just had a single button action and the whole top pressed down. Similar to the MM but without the scroll ball, touch sensitive clicking surface and squeeze buttons.

Then why is there an indentation on the side of the mouse? I thought that was similar to the mighty mouse?

anyway, checked wikipedia, and you're right. Just wondering what are those things on the side for.

GreatDrok

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2006
New Zealand
Then why is there an indentation on the side of the mouse? I thought that was similar to the mighty mouse?

anyway, checked wikipedia, and you're right. Just wondering what are those things on the side for.

Think of them as grips. You hold the mouse with them and when you click you've got something to hold as the whole top of the mouse moves. The MM is the same but has the added squeeze capability which on some older examples tend to react when you don't want them to. That is why I've switched to a basic Logitech on my iMac at work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.