Older Generation Mighty Mouse Capabilities

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by GeekAtBirth, Dec 20, 2009.

1. GeekAtBirth macrumors member

GeekAtBirth

How can I use the two buttons on the side?

Attached Files:

2. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

That isn't a mighty mouse. It is just a plain old single button optical mouse and those aren't buttons on the side.

3. Shawnstra macrumors regular

They're squeeze buttons, used by default to launch Expose. You should be able to change what it does in System Preferences though.

4. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

They're squeeze buttons on a mighty mouse but that isn't a mighty mouse. The clear top was what you had on the old optical mouse that was replaced by the mighty mouse. It just had a single button action and the whole top pressed down. Similar to the MM but without the scroll ball, touch sensitive clicking surface and squeeze buttons.

5. Shawnstra macrumors regular

Then why is there an indentation on the side of the mouse? I thought that was similar to the mighty mouse?

anyway, checked wikipedia, and you're right. Just wondering what are those things on the side for.

6. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

Think of them as grips. You hold the mouse with them and when you click you've got something to hold as the whole top of the mouse moves. The MM is the same but has the added squeeze capability which on some older examples tend to react when you don't want them to. That is why I've switched to a basic Logitech on my iMac at work.