older imac, does this sound legit? (and an additional question)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jrm27, Jan 3, 2008.

1. jrm27 macrumors 6502

Hello Mac Gurus:

I've been a long time lurker, and have finally decided to register to ask for some help. If I am in the wrong area, please let me know!

I've been looking for a used iamc or mac mini for some time now and one has finally surfaced. But I need to know if this sounds legit.

According to the seller it is a 5th generation iMac. It has a 2 ghz intel duo core processor and one gig of RAM. However, it is the old "body style". That means that it doesn't have the silver/aluminum bezel... it is the solid white body. Did they make a computer with the intel duo-core in that body style? I think they did, but I'm having trouble finding an example somewhere. Any known issues to look out for?

Thanks so much for your help!

-jon

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

MacTracker

Attached Files:

5. jrm27 thread starter macrumors 6502

older mac, does this sound legit (and an additional question)

wow, don't I feel like an idiot (not a slam, just a marvel at my own inability to find that info)! Thanks so much for the info.

So, it does look liek they offered a 2 ghz Intel Core Duo like that. I guess I need to learn to "work the google on the internet machine" a little better.

Thanks for the help folks. I guess all my other questions I have reserved will be answered when I boot thing up and go to "about this mac". Have the Core Duo is pretty important to me for some reason....

I'm deciding between this one and a new mac mini (2 ghz). Considering that the prices are somewhat equal and I already have a monitor/keyboard/mouse. Which do you think might be the better choice? Mainly going to be using it for media (photoshop, music recording, etc...). Thanks!

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The iMac can handle dual displays but the Mac mini would be 64-bit.