Older Tech Geeks: Question.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Zombie Acorn, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Alright, hoping someone whose been around a while longer might be able to tell me the name of what I am looking for. There is a local gas station that has a monitor going out, but the weird part is that it runs on ports that I have never seen used for a monitor before. They look like typical parallel ports, any idea what the name of a monitor like this would be? Or if they are even available anymore? The plug name says main on it and the monitor is from link technologies (looks like the style of an IBM logo which makes me think this thing is pretty ancient).

Not sure if anyone will be able to help, but I am at a loss and don't even know where to start searching.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Roderick Usher macrumors regular

Can you take a picture? At first I thought MDA/CGA/EGA, but those were all 9-pin ports I believe, at least on IBMs and IBM-compatibles.

4. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Its in a town 15 miles away, Ive known the guy for a while so he wanted me to come check it out, if no one can figure it out I might take a picture whenever I get back that way.

It has one plug that looks like the size of a parallel port with the label main on it, and then another port that looks about the size of a vga port which is then converted to the same parallel style port before it goes off to a printer (labeled auxiliary).

5. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

If you're looking at a display with multiple ports and one of them is labeled "main" you are most likely looking at the display of a dumb terminal package.