Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pumpkinbread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
I just purchased my first apple anything-an iTouch. I have been doing internet searches for games, movies, etc...I came across this site, ipodtouchdownloadpro.com. Is this legit, safe? I have already decided not to jailbreak my iTouch, so I may be limited as to what I can add to the device; I really don't know. Prior to registering and posting here, I searched for download info, torrents, etc...for a couple of hours. Thanks in advance for any help.

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2007
England
Well, to be honest I don't really trust the look of that site, and no I don't think it's legit.

Wait for others to post though, see what they thing.

delude

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2007
UK
These sites are all the same. The most famous is probably PSP Blender. You pay, and they give you links to download music etc illegally which can probably be found without the site anyway.

pumpkinbread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Very sketchy looking to be honest

edit: http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080203165329AAq93rr

edit 2: So basically its just a P2P program which is free just about anywhere else on the internet

Thanks. I was afraid this might be the case. I am trying to find a way to get games for my kiddos. (I am the only one in the family with the iTouch, just driving the kids crazy.) I've gone to jirbo.com. Just looking for other choices. I appreciate the help.

iTeen

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2007
Washington
Just wondering, why are you not going to jailbreak? Its pretty much harmless if you use a program like ZiPhone to do it. Takes about 1min and after that you iPod Touch is open to 100x more stuff.

Jake

pumpkinbread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Just wondering, why are you not going to jailbreak? Its pretty much harmless if you use a program like ZiPhone to do it. Takes about 1min and after that you iPod Touch is open to 100x more stuff.

Jake

Because I'm iTouch illiterate and I'm afraid I might totally destroy it. Also, I wouldn't know what to do with it once it was jailbroken.:)

atomheartmother

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2006

Jake

How many of the programs are even worthwhile? I've looked through lists of the available programs, and none really seem to be worth installing. Aside from customizing the look of your Touch (whoopdidoo for anyone over the age of 15), there seems to be pretty much just iPhysics and diversions like that. Are there really even any worthwhile programs out there that serve some worthwhile purpose?

Draythor

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Exeter University, UK
How many of the programs are even worthwhile? I've looked through lists of the available programs, and none really seem to be worth installing. Aside from customizing the look of your Touch (whoopdidoo for anyone over the age of 15), there seems to be pretty much just iPhysics and diversions like that. Are there really even any worthwhile programs out there that serve some worthwhile purpose?

I found that this was the case. I jailbroke my iPod touch twice. Both times I found that the only good quality program was iPhysics. The January update was a much better option for me. I'll stick it out until its SDK time!:D

CPD_1

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
South East Texas
I'm no expert, but

If you don't feel comfortable with jailbreaking your iPod, you ought to wait till June. I believe, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but games and apps that are Apple approved will be available for the touch at that time.

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
There is no magical website that will put 3rd party apps/games/et al on your iPod touch without some form of jailbreaking.

It is not a complex "hack", nor is it time consuming or difficult. If you want to do anything other then what Apple includes out of the box, you have to do it.

ZiPhone will do it all for you in one click. Once its installed, you use the "Installer" icon on its desktop to install games, programs and such.

crmccashin

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2008
I check on this one and several others. This is just one of many with a very professional and nice front end that when you "buy" their service they give you a "password" and a link to a P2P site. Nothing any more legal than any other P2P sites like Limewire or such.

cheekybobcat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
U-S of A
Looks relatively legit from the front screen but after a bit of looking around, like others said, its probably just another p2p program that they are scamming with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.